29 Jun Bespoke vs. Template Website Design
In today’s market, it is essential for your business to have an online presence. Understandably you are always looking for ways to save money and time, but when it comes to your website you should never cut corners. The more informative, professional and engaging your business appears online, the more credible it looks. Here at Web Design Revolution we offer two options when it comes to web design, you can either have your website bespoke built or we can create one using one of our pre-designed templates.
So, what is the difference between the two?
Bespoke Web Design
A bespoke website is completely tailor-made to your specific requirements. It is designed and built from scratch – the information architecture/navigational structure, graphics/imagery, functions and administrative back-end. You will have full control throughout the entire process working alongside your web designer. Our web design company in Sale, is made up of a close-knit team who will take the time to understand your requirements and brief, so that your brand identity is consistent throughout and the overall user experience is positive and seamless.
Benefits of bespoke web design?
- You have full control of your online presence (from design to functionality)
- A completely unique design
- No restrictions – the list of features that can be integrated are endless
- Advanced functionality (eCommerce, customer portal, lead databasing etc…)
- Ranks well in search engines
- Technical problems can be solved immediately
- Changes and updates to content can be done quickly and easily
Template Web Design
A template website is a pre-designed, generic site. Here at Web Design Revolution we have a variety of template designs for you to choose from, but you can also buy them off the internet or download free ones. We don’t recommend downloading free templates off the internet as you tend to find them very restrictive, built using substandard and outdated code and not always working on all browsers (not responsive). The level of customisation with our template designs (depending on the template chosen) include: colours, fonts, graphics, content, layout, contact forms and social media links etc…
Benefits of template web design?
- Quick to build, your website can be up and running within a couple of days
- Cheaper (we do offer pay monthly plans for template and bespoke websites, more information about that here)
- What you see is what you’re going to get
- Consistent page layouts and functionality
Whilst bespoke websites offer the most flexibility and customisation, template websites are a good option for those companies which are trying to establish an online presence quickly and more affordably. With that in mind, if your company already has or is in the process of building a strong offline identity, then your brand will surely benefit more from a site that is completely custom built for you, rather then trying to find a template that fits your brand.
If you’re unsure of which option is best for your company, then don’t hesitate to contact us. Our team will be more than happy to help!